|Are you traveling to Mauritius?
Trips Away Travel can provide you with excellent service
for flights to Mauritius, car hire in Mauritius and
accommodation in Mauritius.
- 900 km East of Madagascar lies Mauritius
- Originally seized by France after the Dutch abandoned it Mauritius fell under British rule in 1810. French culture and language remained however and French is still spoken there today although Creole is the most widely spoken language
- Mauritius became independent in 1968
- Port Louis is the Mauritius' capital
- Famous for it beautiful white beaches and blue seas Mauritius is a popular tourist resort for people world wide.
- Situated in the warm indian ocean it can be visited year round with only the seasonal monsoons upsetting the idyllic setting.
- Mauritius was the only known home to the Dodo bird, now extinct
Click here if you would like to contact Trips Away about
holiday arrangements to Mauritius.
Trips Away Travel is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.